Saturday, December 11, 2010

Landing is imminent!

Hello, dear readers! I apologize for being a bit absent in posting. Things have been a whirlwind for me ever since I received PPR on November 15th and got my passport sent out.

I received my passport, its visa, and my landing papers on December 6th. I had tracked it via USPS and saw that it left Buffalo late at night on the 3rd and arrived in Roanoke about 11 hours later, but then it was a weekend so it didn't arrive here until Monday morning. AAahhh talk about the longest two days of waiting EVER!

To have those papers in my hands and know that it was all official and done and I was free to land as a Canadian resident... It was the most amazing feeling.

I had been a little fearful that Buffalo might reject the photos I sent them, so that was a(nother) sigh of relief!

I'll be landing on the evening of the 18th. That's just one week from today, almost to the hour! I don't have much to do to get ready, but I felt like I was running around like a headless chicken so I made a concise to-do list for this week. Needless to say, I'm relaxing a bit now and not feeling as stressed as I have been. I can't wait to head back north to where I really belong. I'm a bit nervous of the landing experience, as it varies with each individual immigrant and I'm well traumatized by Canadian border officers, but I know there's nothing to worry about now and it's just a matter of signing paperwork when I step off the plane in chilly Toronto. I suppose it's only natural to worry about landing, but I'm looking forward to the emotional rush when they officially welcome me to Canada.

I will update for you all next Sunday. I will share photos, talk about the landing experience and show you all my immigration timeline. Then I'll be able to post what this blog was created for: my new life in Canada, one which I had began in June of 2008 and had been cut short in May of 2009 when I had to return to Virginia.

Please send prayers or good thoughts that my night flight and landing will both go smoothly and without any snags! :)

No comments: