Ten Things About Me as a Child
2. I started writing fanfiction probably before anybody wrote fanfiction! Power Rangers was my niche when I was 9-12 years old, although I also wrote Legend of Zelda and Super Mario pieces!
I had such a huge crush on the Red Ranger.
3. My pediatrician errantly diagnosed me with autism when I was a toddler, and said it would go away by the time I hit 5 or 6 years old. To this day, I don't know what was wrong with me. I had motor skill problems (both small and large), severe OCD, and severe anxiety. As far as the motor skill problems went, I couldn't learn to ride a bike, jump rope, hula hoop, or play hop scotch.
4. I was homeschooled. Definitely not the best decision given that my mother had no teaching experience, and I was extremely isolated until I reached my latter teens.
5. Because I was isolated, imaginative, and introverted, I spent a lot of time pretending my toys were real and creating this amazing world and day-to-day stories with them.
6. I was definitely a late 80s - 90s child! I scrunched my socks, tight-rolled my jeans, tied oversized t-shirts at the hip, teased my bangs, and neon scrunchies were my best friends! I loved Joey from New Kids on the Block, MC Hammer, Duran Duran, Debbie Gibson, Madonna, etc! Some of my favourite movies were Batteries Not Included, Ghostbusters, Gremlins, and later, The Lion King.
7. I started writing as soon as I learned my alphabet, but it was before I actually learned to write coherent sentences, LOL! I would write little illustrated books and have one of my parents staple the pages together.
8. I was a major reader! I'd pick 3-4 books from the local library every week, even if they were chapter books, and I'd be done with them in a few days. My mom STILL can't get over how fast I devour books.
9. I despised banana-flavoured things, fresh strawberries, vegetables, mayonnaise, drinking water, tomatoes, and spaghetti. I love all of those things, now!
10. I got excited and happy over the smallest things as well as the big things, such as travelling. I still do!
So what about you? What are your 10 things you want to remember? Share them with me!