Monday, February 14, 2011

Pictures from Thornhill

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope your day was lovely and sweet, no matter what your relationship status. :)

We began ours by walking up to the library in Thornhill Village, which is otherwise known as Old Thornhill. I absolutely love this community because of how quaint and magical it is, at least in our area. There are a lot of gorgeous parks, and the historical houses are just so lovely. Framed by wooden fences and pretty summer gardens and guarded by tall hemlock and blue spruce, Old Thornhill is a very quiet, endearing look into yesterday, right on the border with Canada's largest city.

All of Thornhill is quiet and beautiful, though! When you turn down Clark, or Henderson, or John or Centre, you wouldn't think you were that close to the insane bustle of Toronto. It's so ideal.

I took some pictures today as we took the picturesque walk home from the library and Tim Hortons. We'd hoped that the weather would be mild, as had been predicted, but it had begun to fall and the wind was really roaring in the trees. It had been well above freezing yesterday though, so there were still lots of puddles to sidestep. But that didn't deter us.





















And I got this one of Trevor as he was trying to readjust his library book and our box of Tim Bits. Check out that piercing glare! LOL


I'm so happy to live here. Sometimes it's hard to remember that I'm really in Canada again, and I feel my breath catch and my throat swells. I'm so grateful to be here.

No comments: