Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Thanksvember - Day 2

Today I am thankful for living here.

In this area. In this apartment. In this country. In this life.

I'm a bit of a pessimist. Depression and severe anxiety kind of do that to a girl. But when the racing thoughts cease and I look around me, I remember how very blessed I am. Things could be really bad right now; things could be like they were when I lived in Virginia (isolated, controlled, with little to no hope for the future).

I'm no longer isolated.

I live with the city in one hand and nature in the other. The best of both worlds.

We live in a great apartment.

I live in a beautiful country that I am passionately in love with.

We live in a great area that receives excellent weather. We're on the lee side of Lake Ontario and just south of the snow belt, so we usually escape the nastiest storms of winter.

As of December 19th, I will have been a permanent resident of Canada for two years. I can apply for citizenship on that same day next year.

I have a loving husband who is more than that; he's my partner, my friend. We work in unison.

I'm finally able to see a doctor and receive treatment for my mental illness without worrying about buying private insurance and/or going into debt.

I can walk out the door whenever I please and go wherever I please.

Anything is within my grasp.

Verily, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You deserve every single second of the wonderful life you have. We do miss you around here but it's worth it not to have you here just to know how happy you are. <3