Thursday, November 8, 2012

30 Days of Thanksvember - Day 8

Today's post of gratitude may seem silly, but it is truly something I am thankful for.

I am thankful for the internet.

When I lived in Virginia and was so isolated, the internet was my only window to the outside world. It has been a vast realm of knowledge for me, lessons taught both good and bad. I have made wonderful friends from around the world. One of my best friends lives in England and we have never met in person.

Over the years...

I have joined fabulous communities and have made friends everywhere I've gone. Many of those people I am still friends with, and I am making new friends all the time.

I have participated in swaps and trades and have gotten such awesome stuff!

I've entered contests and won giveaways.

I have learned new skills. Digital scrapbooking, crochet, and knitting I probably would have never learned if it weren't for the amazing Digital Scrapbook Place and Youtube. And the internet is an endless resource for patterns, digital scrapbook kits, etc!

The internet is where I met my best friends...

And my husband.

And dang it, I really like being able to shop and pay bills online!

So yes, I am incredibly thankful for the internet. :)


No comments: