Monday, May 13, 2013

In regards to my spiritual path...



I have realized that my spiritual path has offended people I love, even angered them. Not that I wasn't expecting this to happen, but I guess I hadn't really prepared myself for it.

And I know it shouldn't, but it upsets me. I thought of censoring myself completely to halt any negativity, to force myself into being the same woman I was months, if not years, ago, to once again fit into everyone's expectations of me; a religiously acceptable mould. And then I mentally smacked myself upside the head and thought, 'That's stupid, Mary!' Do you know why?

Because my spiritual journey is very, very important to me. It is my driving force, my joy, my strength. It makes me feel incredibly happy and at peace. I'm growing and learning every day of my life and I love it wildly. I am very quiet about my journey except to my biomom, who shares a similar path, but sometimes I just want to shout it from the rooftops! And as a sufferer of severe depression, being able to feel joy about anything must be pretty darn special.

And that, my friends, is what truly matters here.

I can't expect anyone to agree with my views, to understand me, or even to remain being friends with me if they are strongly opposed to it all. I honestly won't be surprised if I lose and/or gain followers of this magical little blog over time because of how I believe.

And I get it. I really do.

You have every right to hate how I believe, to disagree, to say it's wrong, to be angry with me, to choose to not be friends or blog followers, to think I'm stupid for believing in anything at all. Know why? Because those are your thoughts and your opinions, and I respect them all because they come from you! I may not agree with all viewpoints and beliefs, but I respect them all greatly and the people who believe them. I only have a problem with beliefs when someone uses them to threaten, harm or kill other people.

And so I ask you all to please respect me and what I have chosen, even if how I believe upsets you in any way.

Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.


Blessings,
Mary

No comments: