Monday, August 26, 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 19-20

30 day challenge


Happy Monday, lovelies! I hope the week has begun on a good note, and even if it hasn't - tomorrow's another day! I spent the weekend with friends again, picnicing in Toronto and then continuing my swimming lessons. The leaves are beginning to change here, and it's time to go apple picking. I'm really excited for fall! How about you?



Day 19's topic was about being a “mediapreneur”. Natalie Sisson suggested a couple of avenues:

- Be a leading learner, or a person who is continually teaching themselves new skills to stay ahead of the curve; and then showing you how to do this too. You don’t have to be the expert you just have to learn and apply and teach others how they can do the same

- Become a mediapreneur (coined by David Siteman Garland), or a person who builds their own platform and brand using their unique skillset, and from this develops information-based products and programs that package their expertise so you can learn from them

"Which methods do you want to use to build your platform and increase your influence?"

Guest posting on big blogs is high on my list, as is creating a Youtube channel. The Youtube part scares the hell out of me because I fear negative attention, and Youtube is LOADED with that.

But you know what?

Screw negativity! Shove it into a hole and bury it. Stomp on it.

I will be pouring my passion and soul into art, writing, and helping other women learn to be the fantastic goddesses they are deep inside. I will grow in whatever direction the light comes from and see how very weed-like I can become so that I am far-reaching and tapping into big resources of knowledge and influence and readership.

I'm very excited about building my online community. On top of my upcoming art and books, I love writing about difference experiences in life, be it a great restaurant, a trip, a street festival, or a book. That's what this blog was formed on; me learning how to live life after years of isolation in rural Virginia.


Day 20's prompt:

"State your top three tools that you will use (or already use) to save time and money and make your online world more seamless."


- Mailchimp - Using this to create my newsletter will be fantastic! And it's easy to use!

- eJunkie - An awesome (and inexpensive) platform with which to easily sell my products. I'm also thinking Etsy, but the site has some unfair practices and I'm not too keen on all the listing/relisting fees.

- HootSuite - Here I can monitor multiple social media accounts and save a lot of time. I can also set up posting schedules for posts and tweets and create keyword searches.




And with that, I am two-thirds finished with this challenge! Wow!! I've been learning so much and it feels much less overwhelming now to get out there in the online world. There's no blog prompt today, as Natalie said let there be a day of rest. I'll be back in a little bit with Lovely Things, and I'll see you tomorrow for Day 22 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge!


Love and light,
Mary

No comments: