Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thankful Thursday 8-15-13

Hello lovelies! It's almost the weekend again. I'm joining in on Thankful Thursday postings, which will help me take a step back and think about that I'm grateful for this week even when I'm swimming in this stupid ocean of depression.




- Cooler, less humid days. I don't do well in high humidity coupled with super-hot melty days, even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE summertime. I can go outside and not feel like I'm going to immediately pass out.
- Feeling like my creativity and energy are slowly returning.
- Hazelnut creamer in my coffee, reminding me of the autumn that is to come.
- My beloved and his undying support in anything I try or do.
- Trev and I are going on a lovely schooner cruise around Toronto's harbourfront this weekend. We really enjoy spending time alone with each other, and this looks like a lot of fun. I've been wanting to do a harbour cruise for ages!
- My swimming lessons with my ladies are going really well. I'm still afraid of the water, but much less so than I was. I hope for even more improvement next time!
- Feeling bittersweet that my youngest sister is entering her senior year of high school today, but grateful that she's become such a remarkable, beautiful young woman.
- My cats for loving me unconditionally, just looking up at me with adoring eyes and happily greeting me when I wake up in the morning.
- One of our foster kittens discovered my iPod and dragged it around when I wasn't in the room, nearly severing one of the earbud cords. Amazingly the earbuds still work perfectly fine after I wrapped cute washi tape around the damaged part.
- I'm very thankful that our newer foster kittens' medication regimen is almost over. They've been on three different meds, administered twice a day, and you can't exactly explain to an animal that what you're doing is helping them, not hurting them!


I'll be catching up with the 30 Day Blog Challenge later on today, so stay tuned for that, my friends.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wonderful post as always! Hope we get to see lots of pictures from your adventure with Trevor this weekend!!!