Monday, September 23, 2013

Lovely Things 9-23-13



Hello friends! It's time for another Lovely Things post to brighten your Monday. This past weekend was fab, full of rain and resting and making my first big pot of chili of the season. Saturday was the Thornhill Village Festival, something I greatly look forward to every year. Our cat rescue group, Urban Cat Relief, always has a booth there and we go help out before walking around the festival. There's always great food, live music, colonial battle re-enactments, a parade, awesome vendors and crafters, and yard sales in the beautiful historic village. Autumn colours are just starting to pop out, too, so it makes for a very pretty backdrop!

It was pouring rain all day though, so UCR ended up packing it in early and going home, mostly because our tent wasn't waterproof and everything (including us) got very wet. Trevor and I had a blast though, buying yummy food and finding some really great things.


The library always has a big book sale during the festival, but because of the rain I was worried they weren't going to have it. No worries though, they just held it indoors this time! They had a deal where you could fill a bag for $5, and that is exactly what I did. I don't even know where to put all these books, LOL!


I'd been wanting a cute patchwork purse for eons now, and these really neat vendors two booths down were selling them for a price I just couldn't pass up. And I'm glad I didn't! I love it so much!


I got these beautiful nesting dolls from a Belarus-based monastery that had been to the festival before and liked it so much that they just had to come back. I have a big soft spot for nesting dolls, which brings us to the subject of this week's Lovely Things!

Nesting dolls, or matryoshkas!

I'm not sure where my fascination with them began, but I'm such a sucker for anything themed with them.



Tea infusers on Amazon! Aren't they divine?



I think it's time for a pair of new earbuds...! These are on Amazon.


These key covers at Amazon are perfect for me, because I have two housekeys! :)


I found this lovely little pattern on My Sparkle's's blog. I want to make a bunch of pastel ones to go on my white Christmas tree!


This fabric from Trinketsintheattic on Etsy is just adorable, isn't it?


Le gasp! Two of my favourite things, combined! Kokeshi dolls and nesting dolls!! These are on sale right now at World Market and I think I have to get them ASAP.


And how about some cross-stitch patterns? This one is on French blog Chez Brodagum.




Love and light,
Mary

No comments: