Monday, February 28, 2011

March!

March is here! March is here! Yeehaw! Spring will begin this month!! YOU'D BETTER ENJOY YOUR LAST WEEKS, WINTER, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO GET AN EVICTION NOTICE SOONER OR LATER!! HA!

It's been in the 60's and 70's in Virginia lately. GRRR. At least our snow has mostly melted here!


Last week I got to explore Yorkdale Mall for the first time. Trevor hadn't been there in a number of years himself, so to him it was like being there for the first time all over again. Whee, Yorkdale virgins! The main reason why we were there was to help our close friend Mike revamp his personal style and wardrobe completely to make him look more like a fashionable 25 year old than a geeky 15 year old (not that there's anything inherently wrong with geeky!). We were there for EIGHT HOURS. EIGHT. The majority of which being spent in the dressing rooms at Guess, Tristan, and Banana Republic. Oh, my feet! Oh, my bored-to-tears brain! Oh, my grumbling stomach! Oh, my grumbling husband!

Mike dubbed us and our little venture Team Laser Explosion, so at least the cool title helped things. But it just kind of backtracked in everything we were trying to do to make him become manly! HAHA.

Even though I felt special and "cool" to be part of Team Laser Explosion, I felt especially fat and frumpy in those expensive mall stores, their runway dance music, and their rail-thin girls wearing the latest trends and superior sparkles in their heavily-lined eyes. And their prices! Ack! I know you get what you pay for, but $500 for a filmy little jacket? No thanks.

But Banana Republic redeemed themselves in my eyes because they were having a 25%-off-purchase event, and they had catered food.


Ohh, come to mama.

Then came the best part. Nicole (Trevor's best friend's girlfriend, who is also Mike's cousin) and I went to Sephora to play with makeup testers. I'd never been in a Sephora store before. When I lived in the US, the closest one was in NYC!

IT WAS SO MAGICAL, YOU GUYS.

Life suddenly seemed so much sweeter and happier as I sighed in content, testing Urban Decay eyeshadow and gloss and Sephora Collection nail polish. I gave myself a whole new look that could have easily surpassed $300. Trevor and Mike had to literally drag us from the magical makeup store, but not until we were spritzed up with perfume!

I'll share with you some of the products I tried and loved!
Urban Decay shadow in Lounge, a gorgeous brown with green duotone!
Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Perversion, a sheer black/purple sparkle and Midnight Cowboy, a gorgeous champagne sparkle
Benefit Benetint, possibly the most awesome product ever and I'm sure everyone in the world has tried it before except me
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #14 and #15
Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer
Sephora by OPI Nail Polish in Metro Chic

Now I'm inspired to write a post about my favourite scents and my addiction to them! What is your favourite cosmetic that you've tried?

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

3 comments:

Tales of a Hockey Wife said...

Love Bare Minerals! Sephora is a great place, but I think I end up spending to much money on things I need...or want!

Cheers!

Susan Payton said...

Just blogging around this afternoon and found your blog. I am more then ready for Spring. I am tired of being cold, tire of the snow and am so glad to see the daffadils starting to come up now. You have made such a nice page, enjoyable reading, thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com
http://susan-livinghealthywithchallenges.blogspot.com

Robin/ alarmrx2/ RMR said...

Guess what Mary- I will be going to Sephora this weekend for my first time! I saw a face mask they have on the Drs. show that I want to check on. And this will be while I am attending the DSP "Crop the Map" :D