Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm so ready for shabby DIY!

Now that spring is slowly crawling into southern Ontario, I want to bring some diy charm into our home.

Some? Okay, I mean a LOT of it.

I'm the kind of woman who already embraces simplistic beauty, antique and vintage things, and celebrating holidays and seasons with passion and creative fervour. I adore shabby chic and want to get into making adorable diy things for our home and refurbishing old furniture. I feel like I'm really going to get into all of this hardcore as soon as the weather begins to warm up more.

I like to look around blogs to find inspiration for what I want to do in the next few months. I always get so jealous of how creative people are and how they turn old (and often very ugly) pieces into something so fresh and appealing that I would easily do drastic things to have them in my home.

Here's some inspiration from the lovely Liz Marie...







And this grey table and framed blackboard by Fern Creek Cottage...


And this inspiration board from Burlap and Blue...


I would LOVE to turn our craft area into something like this, which can be found at Yellow Songbird...


I must make this charming spool jewellery holder by Knock Off Decor...


There's also this book, which isn't out until April but can be pre-ordered here.



The biggest thing I've done on the diy/refurbishing front has been this little old frame that my mom gave me last year:


I turned it into this and intend upon finding all kinds of odd little ornate frames to paint black and join it on the wall in the hallway of our house:



I'll definitely be keeping you guys up to date with all the diy projects I want to accomplish this year! I'm getting so many ideas now that I need to go jot them all down onto paper and start planning and plotting!

7 comments:

Helen Pigott said...

Just popping by via 'I Love My Online Friends' blog hop to say hello. You have some great shabby ideas, really great. Hope you a lovely week ahead.
Helen x

Doreen McGettigan said...

Such an adorable blog you have. I have just finished writing a book so I have been getting my feet wet on a few DIY projects. It seems like forever since I've held a paintbrush. I started a mural in my guest room.
Thank you for stopping by and following me; I just love Monday's now!

Tanyia said...

Hi there, I am a new followers from I Love my Online Friends Monday, come by and check out my blog :)
http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for following; I love these shabby new ideas that you've posted. Now following you and looking forward to more great ideas from ya! Roz at La Bella Vita

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Keep up all of your great creative work on those DIY projects! Wish I could do the same! Thank you so much for being one of my newest followers; now I've found your blog and am gladly following you back. I hope that you stop by again sometime! Blessings, Roz

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I love love love DIY and before and afters. So much fun!

<3, New Follower
Today starts a week of giveaways on A Taste of T

Susan said...

ooh yes, great ideas...love shabby chic!