Thursday, March 17, 2011

Life and Incoming Spring

Hi there! It looks like spring is already kicking into high gear here. Geese returning home, robins singing, sunny days, and buds appearing on the trees. I think winter's last hurrah came and went at the beginning of this month, and despite how OVER the season as I was, I still took some pics to capture the beauty of our sideyard.












That day it couldn't decide whether it wanted to rain or snow. It would literally change every minute or so!





I know it's all part of the package of living in Ontario, but I REALLY hate bundling up! And before you say anything, I also hated it during the first eight years of my northern-born life, so ha!


In other life news, Trevor's finally been promoted! It took long enough, and we're both breathing a sigh of relief now that his training begins next week. I still haven't found a job yet, and I still haven't applied for OHIP, but I need to deal with my severe anxiety for the former and I still need a bank statement for the latter. So some things have been delayed, which frustrates me a bit, but as I keep trying to tell myself: one step at a time. One foot in front of the other. That's the only way I can function!

And, like many other people, I'm praying hard for the people of Japan right now and everyone else who has been/is being affected by the disaster. Whether you pray or offer positive thoughts, it's all good energy being directed toward the stricken region. So I ask you to please spare a few moments every day to send your prayers or thoughts. And to be incredibly thankful for what you have, because in one horrible moment it could all be taken away.

I am so, so thankful for all that I have, including being in Canada with my husband. It's so easy to take for granted the little things, but I know I never will again.

Have a great weekend, friends.

Mary

No comments: