Monday, September 9, 2013

Lovely Things 9-9-13


Hello goddesses! I hope you've all had a great weekend and are going to have a lovely start to the week. I spent my weekend at my new cleaning job and then with my girls Liat + Alora, enjoying sloppy joes, pumpkin spice lattes, hours in the pool, and an all-night drawing jam. Those girls, along with my other best friend Jonno, are the shining gold in my life.

Jonno is coming to visit us next month! He lives in England, near Leicester. We've known each other for twelve years (we met at Active Worlds, the same 3D chat program where I met Trevor the same year!) and he's been my best friend for the latter half of that time. He's staying with us for two weeks and I'm starting to get ridiculously excited!! YEEHAW!!!

So last week's Lovely Things post was about those beautiful little things of summertime. Now that autumn is approaching like a freight train, today's Lovely Things is all about the awesome little things of fall!


Wearing cozy leg warmers and pretty socks around the house and under tall boots. Yes!

[ via shelterness ]


Enjoying a pumpkin spice latte on a chilly day.



Crunching in and kicking a thick layer of leaves!



Walking or driving around to see the changing foliage, and smelling that wonderfully dry smell of fallen leaves.



Cozying up with hot tea and soft slippers on a rainy night.

[ via picmonkey ]


The smell of a good bonfire where fallen leaves are part of the kindling! That's a smell I dearly love.



County harvest festivals!



Thanksgiving...

[ via Pinterest ]

And Samhain, of course!

[ via Pinterest ]


It's sweater and scarf weather!

[ via Pinterest ]


Gorgeous decor using pumpkins, gourds, leaves, pinecones, acorns, and lots of vanilla and apple cinnamon candles!

[ via Pinterest ]

Cozy gloves, mittens, and handwarmers. I love wearing fingerless gloves and wrapping my hands around a warm cuppa.

[ via Etsy ]

Walking a little slower, taking more time, wending your way home while feeling reflective and warm inside.

[ via Pinterest ]


Apple cider with cinnamon sticks (especially enjoyed with some ginger snaps!)



Going to the pumpkin patch, whether or not you have kids!

[ via Pinterest ]


Cloudy days that emphasize the brightness of the foliage.


And those woolly clouds with purple-grey undersides that scurry across the sky.

[ via Pinterest ]


What's your favourite thing about autumn, lovelies?


Love and light,
Mary

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Loved your post, as always. Made me look forward to the wonders of fall!!